How to Play Online Games using Proxies
Are you an avid internet gamer with the need for privacy and security? In this post, we’ll show you how to play online games using proxies.
According to Statista, more than 56 million online gamers are from the United States as of 2019. Some of these game categories include Board games, Arcade games, Casino, games, massively multiplayer online role-playing games (MMORPGs), Action and Adventure games, and more.
On the other hand, several online games are banned in some regions, schools, offices, and even countries. For instance, PUGB which is one of the most popular online games on the internet is reportedly banned in some regions such as India, Iraq, Nepal, China, etc. This could be a debacle for online gamers who enjoy playing the action-packed online game.
Nevertheless, online gamers can bypass such restrictions by making use of proxies while playing online games. Besides, proxies not only allow users to bypass internet restrictions but also offer loads of benefits which for enjoying their online gaming experience.
What is a game proxy?
A proxy is an intermediary between your computer and the website you are visiting. It is more or less a pseudo-server that replaces your computer on the internet to protect your online identity. In the same vein, a game proxy is a proxy that replaces your computer’s IP address thereby providing you with online anonymity when connecting to game servers.
Online gamers who have been restricted from playing certain games or been blocked by their IP addresses can make use of IP addresses allocated to them by their proxy service providers to play such online games. For instance, an online gamer from China can now enjoy playing PUGB by using proxies that can allocate US-based IP addresses to connect to the internet.
Besides, online games require fast and smooth connections to prevent game lagging issues most especially while playing multiplayer gameplay sessions. Nevertheless, the benefits of playing online games using proxies cannot be over-emphasized.
On the other hand, gaming proxies can be generally classified into two types, which are:
1. Public Proxies
Just as its name implies, these are free-for-all kind of proxies which can be used by online gamers. They are free to use; however, users face several problems such as frequent game lags, security issues, or even IP address ban among many other shortcomings.
2. Premium Proxies
This is a user-friendly proxy that can successfully hide IP addresses without hassles. This is the recommended proxies for professional online games with the need for speed, security, and secrecy.
Top Reasons to play online games with proxies
Here are some of the reasons to play online games using proxies’ i.e. game proxies.
- To prevent game lags: Frequent game lags occur most especially on local ISP connections or when connected to a bad gamer server. One of the perks of being an online gamer is to enjoy lag-free gameplay. To achieve this, game proxies are required.
- To connect with other regional players: Game serves are usually divided across geographical locations while people whose IP addresses fall within such region can connect to that particular game server. In the same vein, gamers can connect with other players located in other regions for connectivity or to makes friends.
- For fast Game Speeds: Due to perks such as P2P Sharing, data caching, 99.9% server uptime which game proxy servers offer; online gamers can enjoy fast internet speed when playing online games. This is particularly helpful when playing massively multiplayer online role-playing games (MMORPGs) such as PUGB which requires fast response when cornered by attackers in-game’ battlefield.
- Access to geo-restricted online services: With proxies, users can change their location on the internet to any supported region in the world. In the same vein, region-banned games such as PUGB, Battlefield 4, Pokemon Go, Manhunt 2, GTA V, Red Dead Redemption, etc. can be accessed by games residing in such regions. Also, gamers can access specific in-game features within the game platform which are restricted by regions.
- To protect your online identity: Hackers and other cybercriminals can use critical information such as users’ IP addresses to find out their real-life information such as real name, bank account details, social media information, phone number, and more. However, game proxies prevent such intrusion by masking users’ IP information and providing the Proxy-provided IP address.
On the other hand, while there are lots of proxy service providers on the internet, ProxyRack has continually garnered positive reviews and comments across the world. With over 2 million unique IP addresses, ProxyRack is the definition of an excellent proxy service provider in the world.
Besides, ProxyRack provides proxies for a series of services such as Skype, WhatsApp, Gmail, ICQ, Pokemon Go, Facebook, and more as well as game proxies.
Recommended ProxyRack Proxies for Online Gaming
ProxyRack is an Australian company launched in the year 2012 to provide proxies and VPN services to users across the globe.
Besides, ProxyRack is a reputable proxy service provider when it comes to opting for a game proxy. It is highly recommended for the following features:
- Access to over 2 million proxies (ever-increasing)
- Fast connectivity speeds
- Stable and reliable proxy services
- ProxyRack Servers located in more than 40 countries of the world (US, Europe, Russia, Australia, and other countries.)
- 100% support for HTTP, HTTPS, and the SOCKS5 protocols
On the other hand, ProxyRack offers four different pricing packages of its proxy services, all of which are ideal for proxy gaming. Moreover, you are free to either upgrade or downgrade from any of its pricing package based on preference.
The following are pricing packages offered by ProxyRack:
1. Residential Rotating Proxies (RRP)
With the Residential Rotating Proxies, gamers have access to more than 1.25 million proxies within a month located at various data centers spread across 40+ countries. Besides, this proxy package works with all types of internet protocols e.g. HTTP, HTTPS, as well as SOCKS protocols. Also, online gamers have access to new proxies as well as good connectivity speeds.
On the other hand, RRP package is further subdivided based on the number of simultaneous proxy connections you can connect to, which includes:
- Standard package: when subscribed to this package, gamers can make a maximum of only 50 simultaneous connections per month for $40/month.
- Elite package: when subscribed, gamers are provided with access to a maximum of 100 proxy connections simultaneously for $60 monthly.
- Guru Package: Subscribers of the Guru package can access a maximum of 200 simultaneous connections for $120 per month.
Note: Subscriber of the RRP packages can access up to 1.25 million unique IP addresses on the stable of ProxyRack after subscription.
2. USA Rotating Proxies
Just as its name implies, USA Rotating proxies are proxy services that originate only from the USA data centers. Subscribers of this package are guaranteed of faster speed and more stable proxies. Although these proxies work only on HTTP and HTTPS protocols online, gamers can still enjoy their gameplay with faster speeds, and complete security.
Unlike RRP package, USA Rotating Proxies package comes in two basic plan, which includes:
USA Rotating Proxies (Recurring): By subscribing to this plan, gamers are provided with access to 250 simultaneous proxy connections from more than 10,000 unique and private IP addresses for only $120 per month.
USA Rotating HTTPS Proxies (non-recurring): Subscribers have access to 250 simultaneous proxy connections as well as unmetered bandwidth. Also, subscribers can access more than 10,000 unique private IP addresses at one time for $120.
3. Mixed Rotating Proxies
Mixed Rotating Proxies is a proxy package which offers proxies from data centers around the world, with a majority of the proxies emanating from Europe. Unlike Residential Rotating Proxies, Mixed Rotating Proxies also work only on HTTP and HTTPS although they are faster in speed than RRP.
Also, Mixed Rotating Proxies provides gamers with more than 20,000 unique IP addresses and a maximum of 1,000 simultaneous proxy connections for only $120 per month.
4. Private Proxies
Designed with private users in mind, this proxy package is ideal for proxy gamers who cherish privacy. It is meant for personal use with a maximum of 3 users with access to 20 unique proxies at $0.50 per proxy, which amounts to $5 per month. Besides, subscribers can select any proxy location of their choice.
How to set up your Computer with proxy information
By subscribing to any of the ProxyRack’s pricing packages for your proxy gaming purpose, you will be provided with your proxy information. This contains your unique IP address (es) as well as Port number. This information will be required to configure your device for proxy gaming.
How to setup game proxy on Mac OS X:
To set up your Mac with proxy information, follow these steps:
- Click on the Apple icon i.e the Home menu.
- Click on System PreferencesThen select “Network”.
- Select your preferred internet connection network.
- Click on “Advanced” and then select Proxies.
- Select Proxy Server and then enter ProxyRack’s IP address and port details in the designated areas.
- Check the “Proxy server requires password” box.
- Enter your username and password.
- Now, initiate an internet connection.
- Exit window.
- Afterward, access your preferred online games and enjoy the gameplay.
How to Set up Game Proxy on Windows PC:
To setup game proxy on your Windows 10 PC, follow these steps:
- Go to Settings > Network & Internet.
- Click on “Proxy” and then “Manual setup” menu.
- Toggle the “Use Proxy Server” menu.
- Enter your IP address and port number in the designated fields.
- Now, enter your username and password, if required.
- Click the “Save” option to apply the newly configured settings.
- Exit window.
How to use Steam on a proxy network
Steam is a digital platform owned by Valve which distributes digital games. Also, it offers basic digital rights management (DRM) for games, as well as other loads and features for gamers. However, some online games are available via Steam. Therefore, for this tutorial, we will show you how to use Steam on a proxy network i.e. ProxyRack.
Here are 2 ways to utilize Steam on a Proxy Network:
1. Use Proxifier: Proxifier is one of the advanced proxy clients which allow network applications like Steam to operate through an HTTPS or SOCKS protocols. It is highly recommended for proxy gaming most especially Steam-powered games such as Grand Theft Auto V, PUGB, Path of Exile, League of Legends, Overwatch, and more. Also, it comes in supported Windows, Mac OS X versions as well as Windows Portable version.
2.ProxyCap: Similar to Proxifier, this proxy client manager allows you to redirect your internet connections through proxy servers. Also, you can select applications such as Steam or even game apps to connect to the internet through proxy connections. With support for SSH, HTTP, HTTPS as well as SOCKS protocols, you can access your Steam games via proxy without hassles. Also, it is supported on both Mac and Windows versions.
Playing online games using proxies offers gamers unlimited benefits with additional perks such as fast speeds, secrecy, as well as complete security. ProxyRack, on the other hand, facilitates proxy gaming through its provision of excellent proxies for gamers across the world.